June 2, 2009

Fantastic site for printables!

Last week, Katydid and Kid posted about her fabulous boredom bags, filled with activities to keep kids busy on trips, in restaurants, waiting rooms, etc. While clicking on the links in her post, I found the most fantastic website and I just had to share!



I initially got excited about Hugo l'Escargot because it has thousands of colouring pages on almost every subject imaginable! Click through the coloured tabs to find subjects like cartoon characters, famous paintings, animals & nature, countries of the world, children of the world, Egypt, pirates, and so many more! The faces section is pretty neat too - kids can draw their own faces on the people on the colouring pages. The website is in French, bit it's pretty easy to navigate; there are icons for every section.

Well, after exploring the site another day, I found some more gems! The songs section (chansons) has music files, lyrics and colouring pages related to each traditional children's song. Of course, the songs are all in French, but it's a perfect site for anyone trying to teach their child French! We live in New Brunswick, Canada, an officially bilingual province, so this will be helpful for us.

On Hugo l'Escargot, you can also print stationary, birthday invitations, play online games (some of which are in English), view crafts & recipes, and other printables and cut-outs (including fantastic paper dolls of boys and girls. Print them on cardstick, paper, or give them a magnetic backing).

A helpful hint: visit an online translator whenever you need a web page (or just a few words) translated. You can enter website addresses and it will translate a whole page at the click of a button. The grammar certainly isn't perfect, but it will give you the gist of what is on the page!

So there you go, I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do! I was so excited when I saw all of the great activities that I think my husband thought I was a little bit nuts!

1 comment:

DairyQueen said...

I'm always on the lookout for great new sites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
design by suckmylolly.com