March 12, 2009

The Business of Being Born

There will be a screening of The Business of Being Born in my city later this month, followed by a panel of women and medical professionals discussing the role midwidery could play in our province. Currently, midwifery is only regulated or funded in a few Canadian provinces, but the New Brunswick government is moving in that direction. It should be an interesting evening!

Check out the trailer:



For anyone in Fredericton who is interested, the screening is on March 31st at 7:00pm at Tilley Hall 102 on the UNB campus. Free admission - babies welcome!

2 comments:

MotherofMayhem said...

Hey, this movie is great, I saw it a few months ago and it really made me appreciate my home birth by a midwife experience! I can't believe that NB has only one midwife in the whole province!! Definitely some work needs to be done. So I've stumbled across your blog and since I'm moving to Fredericton from Victoria in a few weeks, I thought you might be able to help me with some baby friendly local stuff I might need to know since you are a fellow mom/feminist/law grad/environmentalist. Ideas? Feel free to email at mariavictoria_23@yahoo.ca.

Kirsten said...

Hi Maria!
Glad to hear that the movie was good! I'm looking forward to it and the panel discussion afterwards.
I can certainly give you a few tips about Fredericton; I'll send you an email soon. In the meantime, check out http://fredkid.com/. That site has a ton of information and is a fabulous resource for local parents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
design by suckmylolly.com