April 9, 2009

Bloggy inspiration - learning activities

I've spent a lot of time this week bookmarking the fantastic children's learning activities on other people's blogs. There are so many great ideas out there! I've spent some time prepping activities for C - printing, cutting, colouring and laminating with packing tape, and the added bonus is that I can feel productive while watching/listening to TV!

A lot of people blogged about the Silly Pizza Song this week, so we gave it a try. C loved it so much that we've done it 3 times already! I first read about it on Because Babies Grow Up, but check out the shape idea on If Only I Had Super Powers and the fantastic printables suggested by Princess With A Half Price Tiara.


Another great idea which I prepared but haven't tried with C yet is More Mom Time's letter matching eggs. This is a great activity to help kids match upper and lower case letters. I don't have an egg-shaped cookie cutter, and I didn't want to freehand 26 eggs, so I drew a basic egg-shape in my graphics program, duplicated it, and printed a few pages.

Download my file here, then draw your own letters and puzzle lines.


What activities have captured your attention this week?

3 comments:

Sab said...

ooh, these are great! So much better than tv...

Amber said...

I love the egg idea! I think I know what I'll be doing during The Biggest Loser tonight. Thanks for the suggestions, and the link love!

The girl who painted trees said...

Love these ideas. Thanks:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
design by suckmylolly.com