April 26, 2009

"Mr. Sun, sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me!"

This weekend has been beautiful; full of sunshine, laundry blowing in the wind, picnics and playing outside. C and one of her friends went looking for bugs this morning, and they had us grown-ups lift almost every rock in their backyard! We scored by finding a bunch of ants (which they were fascinated by), and a couple of beetles in a compromising situation (now the girls know how baby beetles are made!). Too bad I didn't have a camera with me during the hunt - the girls were so enthralled!

The other big event of the weekend was that we bought C a tricycle! We're happy with the bike, but finding something that didn't have princesses or Dora on it was tricky! The red Radio Flyers were cute, but her legs would be too long for it by next year, so we went with this one. The basket in the back is great! We also got a child carrier for Hubby's bike, and we're going to take a family bike ride tonight. Check out my tattooed biker chick!

3 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

She looks like such a big girl on her tricycle!! :-) I bet she had a lot of fun!

Jenny said...

What a cute picture of your daughter on the bike. My daughter has outgrown the tricycle and we are searching for a big girl bike. I had no idea they were so expensive!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Mosquitoes already?! That's insane. This is going to be a really buggy year!

Sab said...

Aw, those pics are cute! I was always fascinated by insects... as long as they weren't taking me by suprise that is! That trike is cute! I can't wait till the weather is nice enough to go cycling here... right now it's rather wet and windy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
design by suckmylolly.com